*These protocols are subject to change without notice. We may add things. We expect to relax our protocols over time as infection rates continue to drop. We will also make changes in response to new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Oregon Health Authority. Please feel free to reach out to Carol Gray if you have questions or if we have omitted anything you think should be included. The goal is to ensure everyone’s safety.
- ALL STUDENTS, TEACHERS AND TEACHING ASSISTANTS WILL BE FULLY-VACCINATED FOR COVID-19 BEFORE THE START OF CLASS. This means that on the first day of class it must be at least 14 days since you have received your second shot (or in the case of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, your only shot). You must present proof of vaccination to Carol Gray to be officially registered for class.
- We have waterproof covers on all memory foam table top pads and pillows used during class. Students will sanitize these surfaces between uses. We never use face cradles.
- All students will be masked during class except when outdoors, eating/drinking or receiving intra-oral techniques.
- We will meet in a room with open windows.
- We will meet in a room that has a medical-grade air filtration system that’s rated for more than twice the actual size of the room.
- We will meet outdoors when practical.
- At the beginning of class each student will be issued their own set of linens to use when they are on the table during class. They will also be issued a sealable plastic bag labeled with their name for storing their linens when they are not on the table.
- We have two sinks, lots of soap and water and hand sanitizer. We will be vigilant about hand hygiene before and after touching each other.
- Students will sanitize tables and pillows before putting on their own linens for their treatments.
- Students will each have their own chair/yoga ball/bolster/backjack. We have stickers so these otherwise identical items can be personalized and easily identified. Our chairs and other seating options will be wiped down with sanitizing wipes or otherwise sanitized at the end of each day.
- High-touch areas (doorknobs, sinks, the entire bathroom and kitchen, etc.) will be sanitized at the end of each day.
A. We require hand-washing/hand-sanitizing or glove use (we have lots of nitrile gloves in S, M & L sizes) before touching snacks or snack-serving utensils.
B. We require hand-washing/hand-sanitizing or glove use (we have lots of nitrile gloves in S, M & L sizes) before touching the refrigerator or the toaster oven.
C. We have lots of tea choices and a hot-water dispenser on the kitchen sink. All cups and utensils are run through the dishwasher on the sanitizing cycle.
D. We typically serve nuts, fruit (like Mandarins or small apples), and chocolate for snacks.
E. We have dishes, glasses and utensils available for student use that are also run through the dishwasher on the sanitizing cycle.
- If students develop symptoms of ANY illness during class they will be excluded and given the opportunity to repeat the class at no cost.