*These protocols are subject to change without notice. We may add things. We may relax our protocols over time. Please feel free to reach out to Carol Gray if you have questions or if we have omitted anything you think should be included. The goal is to ensure everyone’s safety.
- ALL STUDENTS, TEACHERS AND TEACHING ASSISTANTS WILL BE FULLY-VACCINATED FOR COVID-19 BEFORE THE START OF CLASS. This means that on the first day of class it must be at least 14 days since you have received your second shot (or in the case of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, your only shot). If you are eligible for a booster shot, you must also have received a booster. You must present proof of vaccination to Carol Gray to be officially registered for class.
- We have waterproof covers on all memory foam table top pads and pillows used during class. Students will sanitize these surfaces between uses. We never use face cradles.
- All students will be masked (N95 or KN95) during class except when outdoors, eating/drinking or receiving intra-oral techniques.
- We will wear gloves, masks and face shields when practicing intra-oral techniques.
- We will meet in a room with openable windows/skylights.
- We will meet in a 1,000 square foot room with 12 foot ceilings that has a medical-grade HEPA air filtration system rated for more than twice the actual size of the room.
- Students will use clean linens each time a new person gets on a bodywork table.
- Students will sanitize tables and pillows each time linens are changed before a new person gets on the table.
- We have a sink, lots of soap and water and hand sanitizer. We will be vigilant about hand hygiene before and after touching each other.
- Students will each have their own chair/backjack. Our chairs and other seating options will be wiped down with sanitizing solution at the end of each day.
- High-touch areas (doorknobs, kitchen, etc.) will be sanitized at the end of each day.
A. We require hand-washing/hand-sanitizing or glove use (we have lots of nitrile gloves in S, M & L sizes) before touching snacks or snack-serving utensils.
B. We require hand-washing/hand-sanitizing/glove use before touching the refrigerator.
C. We have lots of tea choices and a hot-water dispenser on the kitchen sink. All cups and utensils are run through the dishwasher on the sanitizing cycle.
D. We typically serve fruit (like Mandarins or apples), nuts and chocolate for snacks.
E. We have dishes, glasses and utensils available for student use that are also run through the dishwasher on the sanitizing cycle.
- If students develop symptoms of ANY illness during class they will be excluded and given the opportunity to repeat the class at no cost.
- If the instructor develops symptoms of ANY illness during class, class will immediately be canceled. Students will be given the opportunity to repeat the class at no cost.
SPECIAL PROTOCOLS FOR FREE INFANT CST CLINICS:
All clinic practitioners are fully-vaccinated (including boosters if eligible) for COVID-19.
We only see breastmilk-fed infants whose milk-producing parents are fully-vaccinated (including boosters if eligible) for COVID-19.
Parents and others who accompany a baby to the clinic must provide proof of vaccination prior to the visit. Please send a picture of the appropriate vaccination card to Carol’s Office at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. If we do not receive it by then, we will cancel your appointment.
No unvaccinated people may accompany an infant to the visit. This includes siblings.
All practitioners and those who accompany an infant to the visit are required to wear masks (N95 or KN95) during the appointments. We have masks in case you forget yours. Infants are not required to wear masks.
No people who have signs or symptoms of any illness will be allowed in the clinic. If you have made an appointment and discover that you or your baby are not feeling well on clinic day, please let us know as soon as possible. We will reschedule your appointment and invite someone from the waiting list.
We are absolutely diligent about hand-washing and other infection prevention procedures such as always wearing masks and wearing gloves when touching babies’ mouths. We have hand sanitizer and soap and water in the clinic. We encourage you to use them. We sanitize chairs, sheets, towels, pillow cases and other things that come into contact with babies after each use.
The treatments take place in a 1,000 square foot room with 12 foot ceilings, openable windows and skylights and a medical-grade HEPA air filtration system rated for more than twice the actual size of the room. Participating families are socially distanced.
Revised March 28, 2022