Students who are registered for in-person classes are required to agree to and abide by the Carol Gray Center for CST Studies COVID-19 Safety Protocols.
We encourage you to contact us if you would like to be placed on a waiting list for any classes. Our Waiting List Policy.
Please feel free to check in with us if you have questions.
21 hours – three days
9:00 – 5:00 Wednesday – Friday
All classes are taught in English
All classes are taught in Portland Oregon
October 25-27, 2023 – four openings
CST for the Pelvis Class Description:
This is the next step after CST – Beyond The Basics. It’s a specialized Craniosacral Therapy class for people who want more advanced tools for treating both male and female-bodied adults. The skills taught in this class are all external techniques done with clients fully-clothed. The goal is to help students gain more technical skills with a special focus on the pelvic bones, the associated musculature, soft tissues, organs and the pelvic floor.
In addition, students must be licensed, certified or student health professionals (CMT, CNM, CPM, DC, DDS, DO, IBCLC, LAc, LDEM, LM, LMT, MD, ND, NP, OT, PA, PT, RN, SLP, etc.) or otherwise legally entitled to practice touch therapy. Students may also register if they have instructor approval. Ask me.
In this three-day class we will learn how to apply and refine the basic assessment and treatment tools learned in the earlier classes with a particular focus on the pelvis. This will include a mini-review of material presented in the earlier classes.
We will learn how to detect dysfunction and restore balance in the bony pelvis, pelvic musculature, pelvic soft tissue, pelvic organs and the pelvic floor. This class includes lectures, demonstrations and lots of hands-on practice. You will learn how to palpate, evaluate and treat the anatomical components of these structures if your assessment leads you there. In order to maximize learning success, class enrollment is limited to eight students.
By the end of this class you should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced assessment tools for the bony pelvis, the pelvic musculature, soft tissue, the pelvic organs and the pelvic floor
- Identify and treat complex pelvic restriction patterns
- Work confidently and effectively on the pelvic musculature and soft tissue
- Release restrictions in pelvic bones
- Identify and release restrictions in the pelvic organs
- Identify and release restrictions in the pelvic floor in a non-invasive, emotionally safe way
- Demonstrate release techniques for both male-bodied and female-bodied clients
- Describe the differences between male and female type pelvises and pelvic organs
- Refine your ability to listen to the body
- Deepen your anatomical knowledge of the structures you are treating in the body
- Work from your heart
- Provide effective, healing CST treatments for male and female-bodied adults