June 24-26, 2020 – two openings
September 9-11, 2020 – five openings
April 14-16, 2021 – eight openings
CST – The Basics Class Description
This class is the required prerequisite for the CST – Beyond the Basics class.
This class is the perfect next step after the three-day Subtle Hands-On Skills class. It’s a general Craniosacral Therapy class for people who want some tools for treating adults (not babies, not children, not pregnant and new mothers). The skills learned in this class may be combined with what you already know and do or may be used as an effective stand-alone healing practice.
Subtle Hands-On Skills is the required prerequisite for this class.
In addition, students must be licensed, certified or student health professionals (CNM, CPM, DC, DO, IBCLC, LAc, LDEM, LM, LMT, MD, ND, NP, OT, PA, PT, RN, etc.) or otherwise legally entitled to practice touch therapy. Students may also register if they have instructor approval. Ask me.
While not required, students are encouraged to receive at least one craniosacral therapy treatment prior to taking this class.
In this three-day class we will learn how to apply and refine the basic assessment and treatment tools learned in the earlier class(es) with me. We will learn how to detect dysfunction and restore balance in the Craniosacral System and beyond. This class includes lectures, demonstrations and lots of hands-on practice. You will learn how to palpate, evaluate and treat the anatomical components of the Craniosacral System if your assessment leads you there.
In this class you will NOT learn and memorize a recipe-driven treatment protocol. You will deepen your skills for determining when to treat, where to treat and how to treat. You will become increasingly familiar with what, anatomically, you are treating. You will also fine-tune your ability to determine when a treatment is complete. In order to maximize learning success class enrollment is limited to eight students.
By the end of this three day class you should be able to:
- Describe the historical and theoretical foundations of the work
- Effectively communicate with clients and potential clients about the work
- Identify, describe and palpate the anatomical components of the Craniosacral System
- Palpate the Craniosacral Rhythm anywhere on the body
- Monitor the Craniosacral Rhythm and employ other assessment tools to determine a treatment plan as you go
- Use gentle release techniques to facilitate mobility and restore balance in the Craniosacral System and beyond
- Deepen your anatomical knowledge of the structures you are treating in the body
- Work from your heart
- Provide effective, healing CST treatments for adults
What’s next? After this class you are eligible for: